Preparation time: 10 minutesCooking time: 40 minutesServings: 4 Ingredients:
- 2 pounds turkey breast, skinless, boneless and cubed
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- A pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1 cup black rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, dried
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- Heat up a pot with the oil over medium-high heat, add the onion and the garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the meat and brown for 5 minutes more.
- Add the rice, stock and the other ingredients, toss, bring to a simmer and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Divide the mix between plates and serve right away.
Nutrition: calories 251, fat 4, fiber 7, carbs 13, protein 5