Preparation time: 10 minutesCooking time: 40 minutesServings: 4 Ingredients:
- 2 pounds chicken breast, skinless, boneless and sliced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin, ground
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 14 ounces canned tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- A pinch of salt and black pepper
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Heat up a pot with the oil over medium-high heat, add the onion and the garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the meat and brown it for 5 minutes more.
- Add the cumin, turmeric, the squash and the other ingredients, toss, bring to a simmer and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes more.
- Divide the whole mix between plates and serve.
Nutrition: calories 261, fat 4, fiber 8, carbs 15, protein 7